I always get incredibly giddy when I’m nominated for anything on here! I see it and I think ‘Awwwww, I love you guys! *hugs virtually*’. Thank you so very much to Hollie @ the hollieblog for the nomination. If you don’t already follow her then go check out her lovely blog! ❤️
- Thank the people/person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator(s).
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
1. What’s a book that you loved the cover of, but the story wasn’t as great?
I actually can’t think of a book for this. I don’t think I’ve ever been in the situation where I loved the cover but didn’t enjoy the book. Of course there are books I’ve really disliked but those covers weren’t ones that I loved. (I have a lot of gorgeous cover buys on my tbr shelf at the moment though so we’ll see if this changes haha.)
2. Recommend an LGBT+ read.
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz! It’s been over a year since I read it but I adored it. I also just found out that there’s apparently going to be a sequel. I CAN’T WAIT!
3. You can visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Ireland. Hands down if I could visit anywhere it would be there.
4. Can you link a book with a song? What are they and why do they link?
Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. I was really into that series years ago and made a whole playlist because I went through a major book hangover after I finished reading them that included binging every fan-video I could find. I’m not even entirely sure why (aside from Patch, Nora, and the whole angel thing) this song automatically makes me think of those books but it does. Anytime I hear it I get major nostalgia and want to grab the books off my shelf and reread them haha.
5. Who is a Youtuber you’re loving at the moment? (Doesn’t have to be a booktuber)
I’m not really into any youtubers at the moment. I don’t get on youtube a lot 🙈. I used to be really into Alex Day’s videos though. Has anyone else seen his reading of Twilight!? I died laughing watching that years ago. (During my Twilight obsessed phase haha.) His videos are definitely a bit out there but I loved them once upon a time.
6. Is the a genre you haven’t read anything from? Why?
I don’t think there is. Not that I can think of at this very moment anyway haha.
7. What’s a cliche/stereotype/trope you HATE in fiction?
Love Triangles. A lot of people probably say that but I hate love triangles. If a book has a love triangle and I know about it before I’ve read it you can bet I’ll steer completely clear of said book. There have been exceptions to this; Shatter Me, Shadowhunters, The Hunger Games. Although I still feel like none of those were/are true love triangles. I didn’t perceive what was happening when I read them to be a love triangle at all so I thoroughly enjoyed them.
8. What’s a blog post of yours that you’re most proud of?
My review of The Winner’s Kiss is currently the post I’m most proud of. I really struggled writing that review but after I was done I felt like it was good. It’s the first and only time I’ve ever felt that way about a review that I’ve written. Usually I’m so critical of my reviews.
9. If you couldn’t blog about books, what would you blog about?
If I couldn’t blog about books and I had the opportunity and the funds I’d so blog about traveling.
10. What’s a book that you probably won’t read because of the hype around it?
I’m a terrible hype reader. I give in to almost every hyped up book. I try to resist but I fail. I actually told myself I wouldn’t read ACOTAR or ACOMAF but here I am sucked into the hole and enjoying every second. 😂
11. What’s an unpopular book that you actually kinda liked? (Even just a little bit)
Is Fifty Shades of Grey still unpopular? I feel like it’s popular and unpopular all that once. Anyway, I adore that book and series. For years I refused to read them but then I gave them a chance and sort of fell in love with the characters. 🙈
- What’s a book you feel like changed your life? Why?
- What’s a book series you’re dreading the end to? A series you don’t want to end.
- What’s a book or series you feel is extremely underrated?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What’s something you enjoy besides reading or blogging?
- What’s your favorite season?
- Stand alone or series?
- What book to movie adaptation are you looking forward to the most?
- Is there a character that everyone else seems to dislike, but that you really love?
- If you could have any power at all what would it be?
- If it was possible to be physically transported into any book world which one would you choose? Why?
I don’t know who has all done this but 😄! Also you so don’t have to use my little award thing haha. I only made it so I could have another little one for my blog. 🙈