So, this post is extremely late and extremely long. I actually planned on posting it a few weeks ago but work got in the way of me finishing it. However, as the saying goes, better late than never! Here’s part 3 of my Blogiversary Q&A where I answer all of your blog related and random questions. Be sure to check out parts one and two.
Thanks so much for all of your questions guys! 💕😊
- What has been the best part of your blogging journey so far (other than reaching your one year blogiversary)?
Hands down, the best part of my blogging journey has been all of the friends I’ve made. I’ve had some of the best conversations on here and a lot of great laughs. It makes me glad that I decided to give blogging another chance, otherwise I wouldn’t have.
- What is your favourite post that you’ve published?
It’s a more recent post but I had so much fun writing it and then discussing it with everyone.
- What has been the strangest dream you’ve had?
I’ve had so many strange dreams that I’m not even sure which to pick… A few months ago I was having recurring zombie dreams. The first one I had was where the zombie apocalypse was going on and even though the news stations were covering it (which we were watching in the dream) my family didn’t believe me. Then all of the sudden there was this knock on our back door (which was odd since we have a really tall fence) and I open it to see a mom and daughter who had obviously been attacked by zombies. Guess what my family does? Invites them in! Yeah, dream me shut that down real quickly, ran outside to grab the cats, slammed the door shut, and began locking down the entire house. Oddly enough we had one of those security systems from The Purge. I woke up a little after that but it was a really weird dream.
- Do you have any interesting plans for next year blogging on Book Nerd Momo?
I haven’t really thought about it yet. I do know that I want to look into doing either self-hosting or WordPress Premium, that’s been my goal since I first started blogging. Beyond that, I’m kind of winging it still. I’m not one to plan too far ahead when it comes to blogging. 🙈
- Would you rather be able to change your past or see into your future?
Definitely, see into my future. I wouldn’t want to change my past because then it would change who I am. Sort of reminds me of that quote from The Lion King –
- Other than books/laptop what would you say is the best thing you own?
Would my Kindle count? I’m going with that because I read a lot of ebooks.
- What’s your favourite and least favourite part of blogging?
My favorite part of blogging is definitely blog hopping. Though very time consuming I love my blog hopping days because I always end up discovering a new book(s) or having a great conversation with someone, it’s fun. And then my least favorite part of blogging is actually how time-consuming it can be sometimes. I feel like there’s irony in that as my favorite part of blogging is the part that takes me the most time. 😂
- Is there anything about blogging that you didn’t expect when you first started?
I didn’t expect how much I would actually talk to people on here. I’ve been on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and even had another blog before this and rarely if ever talked to anyone on any of them. I’m extremely shy in real life and that can cross-over into the online world as well but somehow I managed to break out of my shell on here.
- What are some of your current favourite songs?
I made a playlist for this!! 🎉
- If you can live anywhere (fictional or not) for the rest of your life, where would you live?
Since I went with fictional for Beth’s question I’m going for real here. I would want to live in Ireland. I actually want to move there one day because it’s gorgeous and my dad’s side of the family is from Ireland.
- Is you review different in each book or do you follow the same guidelines?
I try to follow a similar guideline for each review – initial reaction after I finished, overview, world building, characters, and if I recommend it. Sometimes that doesn’t always work out. For example, when doing a spoiler review I’ve noticed I tend to skip the overview. Same for when I’m trying to be really vague about a book. Also, world building is almost always left out for contemporary book reviews.
- What’s one place in the world you’d love to visit?
I would so love to visit Prague! Ever since I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor I’ve wanted to travel there. 😍
- What would be your dream job?
I’ve always wanted to work in publishing. Not as an Editor or anything because I’m terrible at catching mistakes grammar wise in books but rather a Literary Agent.
- Is there anything you LOVE about blogging that you didn’t imagine you’d love doing, at first?
This is a really recent thing but I actually love scheduling posts ahead of time. When I first started blogging I was absolutely terrible at it and couldn’t imagine myself ever scheduling posts. Now, however, I’ve started using Sundays to schedule posts for the week and it’s this giant weight off my shoulders. It’s nice knowing I have a few posts there for the week.
Now if only I could master the art of having a ton of reviews drafted.
- Also, is there on the contrary anything that’s a struggle for you as a book blogger?
Something that is a struggle for me is coming up with original content. I’ll have small moments where I have all the ideas and then way more moments where I have zero. It’s like I love writing discussion posts but, well, I guess ideas for them just don’t love me. 😂
- What other hobbies do you have apart from blogging? (the hobbies that have stuck, that is)
Besides blogging, I pretty much just read, write, and binge watch tv shows. I also like making book playlists but I’m not sure if that could be considered a hobby. Hobbies rarely if ever stick for me. 🙈
- What advice would you give to baby book bloggers just starting out?
Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed by all of it. I feel like there’s this certain pressure to be caught up with every post always or reply to all the comments straight away or to review every single book you read and putting all of that pressure on yourself can not only take the fun out of blogging but the fun out of reading as well. If all you feel like doing for a few days is reading then just do that. Or if you don’t want to review a book then don’t. If you need a break then take it because it’s easy to get burnt out on it all, at least for me. (This is the advice I wish I’d had whenever I had my first blog.)
- Random: If you could have any animal as a pet mythological or otherwise what would it be?
DRAGON!! Ever since I read Eragon in middle school I’ve wished I could have my very own dragon.
- I really just want to know something about you that is completely unbook related. Anything really that we do not know and you are comfortable sharing. Maybe some random fun fact about yourself.
- I’ll go with Danielle’s suggestion, any fun/random facts about YOU.
I’m going to do five random facts:
- When I was really little I was 100% convinced that faeries did, in fact, live in mushrooms and was terrified of stepping on them. Then one day I got up the courage to step on one and nothing happened. Although, little me felt really bad because she believed in faeries and thought she destroyed one of their homes. 🙈
- I’m a really introspective person, most of the times I get so lost in my own thoughts that I either don’t hear someone talking to me or I unconsciously start talking out loud. And I feel like it makes me seem rude but sometimes I just slip into my own head without meaning to.
- I have the worst fear of talking on phones. I can text and I can email but when it comes to talking on the phone I physically shake. I don’t even know why because I used to love talking on the phone. Though I have learned it can be a part of having social anxiety, which I have.
- I’m convinced that I’m a cat whisperer. In my old neighborhood, we had this neighbor who had a cat that hated everyone, even him, and one day I sat down outside and the cat waltzed right up to me purring. My neighbor was so shocked. And then every time we’ve moved it’s like suddenly all the cats appear in our yard. I love it but my parents hate it. 😂
- I’ve had dreams come true before. Once, in middle school, I dreamt that my speech teacher would be out the next day and that a terrible storm would knock the lights out during that class. It happened exactly how it did in my dream, I was a little freaked out.
- Can you touch your nose with your tongue or wiggle your ears or both?
Neither. I have a friend who can do both though. 😂
- Would you rather clean or cook?
Can I go with baking since it’s a form of cooking? I enjoy baking stuff.
- What is your birthdate?
October 27th! I was supposed to be born on Halloween but well…
- What colour do you like the most?
I’m always in a tie between blue and green, both are my favorites.
- Favorite Disney princess?
I’m forever in a tie between Mulan and Belle for this! I love them both so much and can never choose. When I was little I had a sing along Disney tape for each and played them so much that my mom hid the tapes.
- If you were a Pokemon, what would you be?
- If you’re a fan of superheroes, which Marvel (or DC) movie is your favorite so far?
I’ve never been into the whole superhero thing but I do love X-Men. I’ve seen all of the original movies, the first Wolverine one, and then X-Men: First Class but none of the others yet. I couldn’t tell you which was my favorite though as it’s been so long since I last watched any of them. (I think this means I need a marathon soon to re-watch and catch up.)
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to talk about books with other bookworms. I remember I was reading this book series and I loved it so much that I wanted to write a review. Thus, my blog was born! 😁
- And who are your favourite bloggers?
Beth @ Reading Every Night, Azia @ The Uncharted Word, Reg @ She Latitude, Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books, Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews, Michelle @ Book Adventures, Lilly @ Lair of Books, Anna @ My Bookish Dream, Gretchen @ cichnerdreads, Fadwa @ Word Wonders, Megan @ bookslayerReads, Jasmine @ How Useful It Is, Danielle @ Books, Vertigo and Tea, Puput @ Sparkling Letters, Stephanie @ TeacherofYA, Cait @ Paper Fury, Brittany @ Book Rambles, Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads, Analee @ Book Snacks
You guys should follow all of them because they’re amazing. ♥
- How long does it take for you to write a post?
It depends. Sometimes it can take an hour sometimes it can up to four or five. I’m slow when it comes to writing posts.