I was nominated by two lovely bloggers The Jouska and Balie @ Nerd In New York to do The Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you both so much again❤️! If you don’t already follow them then go check out their amazing blogs. 😄
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions.
- Frame seven questions for your nominees.
- Nominate seven deserving bloggers for the award.
1. What is your favorite book?
I have a lot of favorite books. However, my top favorite is The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. It’s the book I recommend to anyone who asks me what they should read.
2. How and when do you usually post your book reviews?
I usually post my book reviews after I’ve finished editing them which is usually within a few hours or a day after I finish the book. I spend two to three hours writing it, editing it, separating it into sections, and then adding quotes/gifs and links sometimes.
3. What is your favorite position to read in? (not trying to be creepy, I swear)
I’m actually not even sure. I mostly read on my bed, but somehow I end up either reading upside down or on my floor. Apparently, I move around a lot when I read.
4. What is the first book that you remember reading?
The Cinderella Disney Children’s book! I was around four and I decided I wanted to be like my mom and read while I was eating so I read it cover to cover and my mom looked at me and said: “Did you just read that whole book?”. I was so proud of myself.
5. What is your top 3 favorite authors?
I’m cheating on this because I actually have a top 5 instead of a top 3.
In no particular order:
- Jandy Nelson
- Cassandra Clare
- Colleen Hoover
- Samantha Shannon
- Sarah J. Maas
6. What is your favorite song to play when your reading?
I actually don’t listen to music when I’m reading because it distracts me. I end up singing instead of reading when I do that. 🙈
7. What’s your favorite music artist?
I’m always in a toss up over Snow Patrol and The Script. I love both of them so much!
The Jouska’s Questions:
1. What’s the story behind your blog name?
The Book Nerd part comes from the fact that I had a history teacher in 8th grade that always called me book nerd and it’s stuck with me since. The Momo part comes from the fact that in middle school that was my penname while writing with my friends. We used to all pass notes that were stories we were writing together instead of actual notes. That penname kind of stuck and became my nickname.
Not very exciting, but my blog name comes from two memories I’m fond of.
2. Do you plan your posts before writing them or are you more spontaneous?
I’m definitely more spontaneous! The only posts I plan ahead of time are cover reveals or other promo posts. I tried planning reviews and memes, but I failed. I think I’m better when I’m spontaneous.
3. Is there any book that you could read over and over again without getting bored?
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson! I’ve reread that book so many times and it’s full of notes and highlights. I love it so much and I could never grow tired of it.
4. Who’s your favorite Talk Show host?
I don’t think I have a favorite talk show host because I don’t really watch talk shows but I do love James Corden. He is hilarious, he was on Doctor Who, and I always watch his Carpool Karaoke segment when I come across a video.
5. Would you rather read the book first and then watch the movie or vice versa?
I always try to read the book first. Sometimes I don’t get around to it but I do like reading a book before I watch the movie.
6. Have you ever gotten the opportunity to meet your idol? (It can be anybody, a celebrity, author, singer, and so on.)
Sadly, no. However, I’m hoping to get to meet Colleen Hoover this summer when she comes here during her tour for It Ends With Us and I’m so excited about it! 😄
7. How many languages can you speak?
Only one, English. I was trying to become fluent in French, but that didn’t work out. I can read a little French but speaking it and writing it I fail at haha.
- What’s your go-to book that you bring with you anytime you’re going on a long trip?
- What’s one quote you find really inspiring?
- What’s one book you dislike that is really popular?
- If you could transform into any animal what animal would you choose and why?
- If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life what show would you choose?
- eBook or Physical Copy? What do you prefer to read?
- If time travel was suddenly possible tomorrow where would you go and why?
If you’ve already done it you don’t have to do it again unless you want to. 😊