I’ve done this once before but I was nominated again by an amazing blogger and I adore her questions so I’m doing it again! Thank you so much to Shealea @ That Bookshelf Bitch for the nomination. Seriously if you don’t already follow her blog then go check it out because it’s amazing and she’s a sweetheart. ❤️😊
Congrats again on 6 months of blogging, Shealea!
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
These are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
1. Since it’s halfway through the year, what are the best and worst reads you’ve encountered so far this 2016?
Best Reads, in no particular order:
I actually only have one worst read, and it’s a book I really tried to like but failed.
2. What fear have you overcome this year? If you haven’t yet, what fear would you like to overcome?
I don’t think I’ve overcome any of my fears this year, sadly. I would really like to overcome my fear of speaking on the phone. It’s grown into more than just a fear in the last few years. It’s to the point where I get horrific anxiety at just the thought of having to speak on the phone. I go out of my way to avoid it.
3. If you were a Pokemon gym leader, what type of Pokemon (i.e. fire, water, electric) would you be battling with?
Definitely water! This automatically had me thinking of my favorite Pokemon, which is Mudkip.
4. What genre (book/movie/whatever) have you never tried? Would you consider giving it a shot one day?
I’m sure there has to be a genre of book I haven’t read, but I honestly can’t think of one off the top of my head. 🙈
5. What are your go-to activities whenever you feel like procrastinating?
Reading. Which is why I never get anything done. I always look at the clock and tell myself “Okay, Melissa you’re going to stop reading at 10 and then you need to work and then do your school work.” but then it’s two hours later and I’m still reading and telling myself I’ll stop in thirty minutes.
6. Has a song ever inspired you to write or to create something? What’s the title of the song? How did it inspire you?
Once upon a time, many years ago I wrote fanfiction, Degrassi, Naruto, and Harry Potter. I had this one that was inspired by Thing’s I’ll Never Say by Avril Lavigne. It was a Degrassi fanfiction, which I was majorly obsessed with for a time, and the song made me think of my OTP. I don’t remember much about the fanfiction except that I had planned to kill a major character at the end haha. But I guess I was inspired by the fact that it reminded me of my OTP.
I still write with music, though, I have a whole writing playlist full of Snow Patrol, Ed Sheeran, and The Script. But there isn’t just one song on it that has inspired me.
7. Who are your favorite and least favorite fictional heroines?
There’s more than just that, but those are my top four! All of them are such strong kickass female characters and I love them.
I can’t think of a least favorite. Usually, if I don’t like the heroine I don’t stick around long enough to even remember them. 🙈
8. What fictional OTP are you most strongly against and why? (Read: NOTP)
Does it have to have been cannon? I hope not because the one I’m against isn’t, but when the series was still ongoing and no one was sure who would end up with who I was all no.
Katniss and Gale.
The reason why I’ve always been strongly against them is because of the fact that they were too much alike and not at all good for each other in that way. It never had anything to do with the events of Mockingjay, for me. (Although I disliked Gale in that book a lot.) It always had to do with the fact that I didn’t think they were good for each other.
9. What is the one thing you dislike so much you’ll never run out of reasons to rant about it?
The idea that people believe they have the right to control someone else’s choices. I am a firm believer in the freedom to make your own choices. Which there is a giant gray area in that and it can delve into topics that I won’t get into, but I’ve always felt there was an injustice in the fact that people want to make choices for someone they don’t know. I could rant about it forever.
10. What is the most inspiring thing you’d ever been told by someone?
I met this local author once, we talked about writing, and I bought one of her books; she signed it “To Melissa, Find your Sisu.”. She explained to me that Sisu didn’t have a literal translation but that it is meant to be a quality people can have that gives them the courage to make it through difficult times in life. I found it extremely inspiring. I still think about it a lot. I’m grateful that I got the opportunity to meet her.
If anyone happens to want to check out her book I provided a link above! 😊
11. Which blogger(s) have you admired from a distance (so to speak) and want to be friends with?
That’s a tough question considering I wouldn’t mind being friends with all of you. I admire all of you guys and your blogs. I don’t want to have to choose. 🙈
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- What is your creative outlet?
- If you could pull any character out of any book you wanted to which character would you choose and why?
- What’s a series you haven’t finished yet but hope to finish soon?
- Do you prefer to check out a book at the library and read it before you buy it or do you like to buy books even if you haven’t read them?
- Name one song and link it to a character. Why does that song make you think of that character?
- Movie adaptations or TV Show adaptations?
- What’s one author whose books you haven’t read, but really want to?
- What are your top favorite secondary characters?
- Describe your current read in three words.
- What’s one of your most anticipated reads and why?
… And anyone else who wants to do it! 😄